Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Questions, questions, & more questions....

Alright everyone, I need some baby help/advice. As ya all can probably guess...we only have about 9 weeks until the baby's due. :) YAY!!!!!!!!!! So...pretty much, I'm looking for any info or tips anyone wants to share--such as...things they wish they had known before hand, things they wish they had packed in their hospital bag, etc. (Yeah, pretty much any advice you are willing to share!) Lol. Matt & I aren't going to be able to take a prenatal class...so we are open to any type of info. :)

Now...on the flip side--we have had some fun stuff happening around our condo. :) MATT GOT THE CRIB SET UP!!!! It is absolutely adorable! We will need to post pics. Thanks to Stacey and my fam for storing it at their houses for so long. The room is finally getting set up for the baby. It's so fun to look at all the little outfits hanging up on mini hangers in the closet! Adorable! We had our first baby shower a few weeks ago (my sweet work threw a shower for me) and got an incredible amount of baby stuff! We can't wait until we can finally start using everything :)
We also just completed our annual Snake River rafting trip! What a blast!!! 6 river runs and a bunch of fun camping. :) Rumor had it that 2 bears were roaming through the campsite, but we never encountered any in person. We even made friends with our neighbors--especially Ugly Earl (ha ha ha!). We got some incredible pictures with our new camera. I can't wait until next year!

Now for our final big and exciting news...WE ARE GOING TO MAUI!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! We are so so so excited! For Christmas this year, we are all headed to Hawaii--somewhere Matt has visited, but I have yet to see. I am hoping that the baby will be able to handle the traveling well. If anyone has any fun suggestions of things to do/see on Maui, please let us know!

Alright...well, I will get crackin' on posting some pictures for our next entry. :)

4 comments:

Kelly Family said...

9 weeks!!! Ahh sooo exciting Jenica! Cant wait to see the crib! I bet you are looking adorable about now :) I have no tips for you since i'm in the same boat, any tips you get pass on to me :) Are you going to have a friend shower??

Mandy said...

Wow! That's exciting that you'll have your baby soon. One tip that I would like to share with you guys is to buy some swaddle me, bundle me type things. (I can't remember the exact name of them right now) You can buy them at toys r us or babies r us. What they are is a blanket with Velcro on them that bundles the baby up tight. These are great because the baby is so used to being all snuggled up. I used them with both of my kids. It helped them sleep better at night (I would only use them at night so they would associate being all bundled up in it with going to sleep). They come in cotton or flannel...I'd use the cotton ones because of the heat right now. And they keep them nice and warm all night too. I think they cost 10 dollars. I would buy one or two to see if your little guy likes them. Anyway. That's all my advice. Just enjoy it. Try to remember to take pictures...we always forget because once I have my babies, I have lots and lots of problems so pictures just get forgotten. Sorry this is a really long comment. Good luck!! Enjoy!

Jessica said...

Hey Yan! I can't believe you're so close! I'm excited to see you in August! A few pieces of advice for you: 1. try not to have too many expectations for the delivery, it never goes exactly how you plan. :) 2. SLEEP WHEN THE BABY SLEEPS! 3. Enjoy every minute, time flies! Love you! See you soon!

Nicole said...

Advice... make sure your bag is packed sooner than later. I had mine packed for only a few weeks. I still had 4 weeks to go and she decided to make an early appearance. It would be worth it to buy travel size items, like toothpaste, floss, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc...

I don't know how you are about things around the house, but they can always wait. Dishes aren't that important, they can wait.