I guess this means that it's time to move on to project #2 of the summer...the baby room!!! :) We only have 16 weeks left! (Ok...that's a little terrifying to type...) Anyway. Here are a few items we are going to be purchasing soon. Any tips, advice, or recommendations are definitely welcome!
Chicco Cortina Stroller & Carrier

There are still so many things to figure out. Such as, I still need to decide what to do about a Bassinet (or something for the first few weeks). We also need to figure out what to do as far as shelving, clothing dresser, changing table, etc. Looks like we have our work cut out for us!!! At least it is fun work... :)

9 comments:
I used a cosleeper and would recommend that for the first few weeks after they are born! It looks kind of like a small pack-n-play but the one side is lower than the rest and it meshes up against your bed so they arent in bed with you but totally within arms reach and it's really convienient. Love the bedding choice, seriously darling love sports! Chicco is a good brand for a carseat :) and cute crib...anyway! Congrats!!! I'm excited for you guys!
i would recommend maxi cosi for a car seat and quinny zapp for a stroller. they're the top sellers in europe and are soo fab. small, compact, easy to maneuver, and the car seat is actually small & comfy for babies! boozie recommends it, too. :) it's on huge clearance at albeebaby.com. check it out!
you have such cute taste! everyone has their own preferences for bassinets but what we did was buy a graco pack-n-play that has the changing table duo. the matress can be raised up higher for newborns. we put it in our room for the first few months and it worked out great, was awesome to have the changing table too...and now we can use it when we go on trips. that way we didn't have to spend money on a bassinet and a pack-n-play.
Hmmm . . . who really needs the totally over-rated bassinet. Do like Marie and Chris did and just use a spare dresser drawer. Yeah, it's ghetto, but it's free! :-)
That stuff all looks so cute! That's so cool you guys have the money to get that cute stuff, I wish we had when Kayleigh was born. We didn't have abassinet, from day 1 Kayleigh slept in her crib. I liked that because we never had to transition her into her crib after a few weeks/months. I just had a baby monitor so I could hear her. Plus, with Matt in school (Michael was too) he'll be wanting his sleep and this way I could just go into the baby room at night and Michael got to sleep.
Loved the bassinet, I WORRIED ABOUT MY SLEEPING BABIES...Ry never heard them when they woke up, pooped,got changed and ate, you'll get use to it. I'll have to chat with you over what things you may want, need and what you will rarely use and waste your money on, I do have 10+ years experience--Also the years I helped with Matt-did I mention dressing Matt up like my little "sister" :) Love you guys!!
Good luck choosing everything. It's so hard to know what you will need and won't. And it's different for everyone. I have a bassinet that we have used for both Courtney and Connor. I loved it. It was perfect for us and I loved having them in our room right by us. But it really is up to you. Oh, and I met your sister Stacy the other night! She and your Mom were at Blake's baseball game. Blake and Mitch play on the same team. Good luck with everything!
wow! I'm so glad I found your blog...congratulations on the new baby you will have so much fun! We just used our pack-n-play at first...it fit in our room and was really easy. Also if you get a convertible crib make sure you buy the rails at the same time, we were told that a lot of the time they cancel the rails after a year or so, then when you want to convert they no longer have rails that fit! Congrats again!
I second the pack-n-play with a bassinet option. We have a changing table that is a dresser. Love it, but when you no longer need the changing table, kind of a waste of space...shelf I guess. Cute bedding and set. Convertible is the way to go for a bed. We love it.
Post a Comment