Saturday, December 6, 2008

Babysitting

Friday was a day full of surprises for us. Matt works every other Friday, so yesterday was his day off. He had loads of homework to complete, and also wanted to put up our Christmas lights and finish painting the trim we repaired last week in our house. Anyway, our neighbor Mike works construction. He and Matt were at Home Depot yesterday getting some supplies and Mike asked Matt if he wanted to come help him finish up a job in American Fork. He said he would pay him an apprentice's wage. Who doesn't want a little extra cash, especially around the holidays? So...Matt went with him, and I think they had a lot of fun.

Anyway, on my way home from work Matt and Mike were busy putting up Christmas lights on Mike's house. I stopped to take a look at them and see how they were coming along. While I was there, Mike got a phone call from his wife, Andrea, saying she had been in a car accident. The accident happened pretty close to our house, so Mike hopped in his truck and we got in our car to go help. Unfortunately their 3 children had been in the car during the accident, so they were pretty scared. By the time we arrived on the scene a nurse had already come and taken them across the street to the hospital. Andrea was pretty shaken up. :( So, I stayed with her while she filled out paperwork and talked to the police while Mike and Matt went to check on the kids. Andrea's brother had also been in the car at the time and he was pretty cut up. Anyway...sorry about all the details...eventually Matt and I got to take the kids so the parents could get everything straightened out. So...we got to babysit 3 little girls- Lindsey (4), Holland (2), and Halle (6 weeks) for a few hours. They were so sweet and adorable! Lindsey walked into our house and said, "Oh my...your house is beautiful!" Ha ha ha! Isn't that cute? The girls had fun playing on Matt's banana chair while watching Cars and eating fruit roll-ups. It was a fun night for all of us! :)

3 comments:

loveourboys said...

Oh I feel so bad for them, I was in a car accident with Blake and it totally freaked me out, it was only a little bump on my bumper, whereas this one sounds pretty serious. The baby only six weeks old!! Well I'm glad you had fun babysitting! Share the wealth...I have 3 adorable boys you could watch ANYTIME :) Lov ya tons! Stace

Erika said...

Oh man, I hate car wrecks!

Erika said...

Come on guys! UPDATE!