Monday, October 18, 2010

30 steps...

It's been a month!? Wow. I know it's not Thanksgiving yet...but I sure have a lot to be grateful for!

Jackson is walking!!!! It is so dang cute to watch him "waddle" with his arms outstretched around the house. Today he walked from the kitchen to the family room--about 30 steps--all by himself! He was so proud, and I was delighted as well. He was even able to turn a corner in the process. Yay Jackson!!! He is also saying all kinds of things: kitty, hot, hat, light, "datson" for himself, daddy, mama, buh bye, turtle, bath, uh oh, and water. He makes all kinds of animal noises, loves to swing, and can point to his eyes, nose, and ears. Matt just taught him "knuckles" and "five".

I am absolutely LOVING being home with sweet Jackson, and I owe all my wonderful days watching Jackson grow and learn to my sweet husband. Thank you for working SO incredibly hard for us Matt! I don't know how you stay sane with your 14 hour days... Thanks!!!

Another thing I am grateful for...my mom is DONE with radiation! YAY MOM!!!! She made it! Now she has to start an intensive therapy program for 5 years...ugh. Hang in there! We are proud of you!

Well, I have a bunch more to be grateful for...but there is a little buddy pulling my arm to take him to play the piano...so...this post will have to end here. :) Now let's just hope it isn't an entire month until the next post. Ha ha ha!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Hooray for Jackson! How exciting!

Pam said...

So glad to hear about your mom. She is a strong women. She will win this battle. How exciting that little Jackson is walking!He is growing up SO fast!!